Monday 23 January 2012

All you need is ribbon,craft glue and some scissors.




I never measure anything; but take two pieces of ribbon about 4" long. They can be the same or different colors. I chose two different here so that it would be easier to see.


Add some glue in one end and put the ribbons on top of each other.
Fold the edges over like shown;


Then starts the tricky part. You really need both hands to do this, but since I had to take a picture too, I'm just using one.
Roll up from the folded side about three times.
Then twist the ribbons as you continue to roll it up. The twisting is what gives the rose the volume. If you use two colors, make sure that you alternate between the colors facing up.




Every time I do these they turn out a little bit different.
Experiment with the twisting. Twist more and less and inward and outward. The most important thing is that you always have a so called folded side facing up. Not the actual edge of the ribbon.
I'm really not good with words and explaining, but I hope you can tell from the photos what I mean.
Add glue at the end of the ribbons and tuck them underneath the rose. Then trim the ribbons sticking out.


Hopefully you will have something looking like this now.
( These are NOT my favorite colors at all, but since I don't have my stuff yet, I was limited with what they sold on the Base here )




So now when you know how to make those roses you can continue to make this bow/flower thingy;




You'll need
3 ribbons about 2 1/2"
and 4 ribbons about 4".



Add glue to the ends and fold towards the center.

Just glue them on top of each other.



and you will have this;




then add your rose to the middle.



I like them a lot actually and I came up with them aaaaall by myself ;), so please if you use them on a layout, card or whatever I would really appreciate if you gave me credit and linked to my blog.

I have some more ribbon flowers in storage, so be on the lookout.
And next week I will celebrate that I've had my blog for three months so I thought it would be perfect with another giveaway then. So see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment