Monday 23 January 2012

more fabric rosette fun - bracelets and headbands



We had a little break, but you didn't really think I was done with the fabric rosettes, did you? Here are a few more ways to use your little flowers on jewelry and such.

Our friend Melynie made (yes made, from scratch, no pattern--I know) this gorgeous baby blessing dress for her new little one. She wanted to make rosettes from tulle to cover the front of the bodice. Isn't it beautiful? Same technique, different fabric. I believe she even used Fabri-Tac to attach them.


So then of course she had to have a little headband to go with it. Melynie used the same fabric as she did for the dress to make a stretcy elastic headband, and added a fabric rosette and two tulle rosettes. Perfect for baby.


For bigger girls, here's a simple tutorial for a fabric rosette headband using a stretchy elastic headband. (Don't worry, I'm working on the grown-up version!)


Cut a piece of felt slightly smaller than your rosette.


Cover the felt with Fabri-Tac or other fabric glue. Lay your elastic headband in the center.


Press the glue side down on the back of your fabric rosette.

Voila!


I did the same technique with this little bunch of stretchy bracelets that I found in a multi-color pack (black, gold, silver, pearl) at Forever 21 (for about $3!).



But then I decided I wanted to be able to change the rosette to go with different outfits. So I tried something new.

That's right--Velcro. I added a small flap on my felt circle and attached a piece of Velcro to it. Then I attached the other side of the Velcro to the opposite side. Be sure to leave room for the bracelets to go in the middle!


Fold it over your bracelets.


Here's one with two little flowers side by side, just to change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment