Monday 23 January 2012

Flourishes Focus ~ Floral Frenzy



Hello everyone..Sonnie here. Welcome to Flourishes Friday Focus. Today I wanted to give you a really quick and easy tutorial on how to make the rolled flowers you see above. With all the terrific ribbon that Flourishes has the possibilities are endless.

Here are the supplies you will need:

Circle Punch of any size
Pearls (available HERE in the Flourishes Store)
Ribbon ( I used Flourishes Silk May Arts and the New Natural Linen)
Pearls or rhinestones
Hot Glue Gun
Unfinished Picture frame ( I got mine at the local craft store) and designer paper.
Tie a knot on one end of your ribbon and then hot glue it to the middle of the circle. I then trimmed the end close to the knot.  Now you can add just a small amount of hot glue in a circle around the knot. I then started twisting my ribbon as I laid it down on the glue. Be sure to twist in the same direction.
Tuck the end of your ribbon underneath your rolled flower. I trimmed off any of the extra paper that showed beneath my ribbon.
When I finished up I added some Pearls to the center.
Helpful Tip: if you have little glue strings hanging off of your project just stick them in the freezer for a minute and the strings will break off.  I also used the new Natural Linen Ribbon Flourishes just added to the store to create some rolled flowers.
I paired my ribbon flowers up with these gorgeous Primas — Flourishes has some beautiful ones in the store right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment