Wednesday 8 February 2012

Fabric Flower Wreath

Today I’m going to share a tutorial for a fun summer wreath. I shared this on a few blog swaps, but figured I better post it on my blog in case any of you missed it. :) It’s super easy and inexpensive…two things I LOVE!
I started out with this ugly wreath, Next I spray painted it robbin egg blue. Make sure to do a few coats to get through all the branches!
Then I made a few different kind of fabric flowers. I mainly made these rolled flowers, but the blue one is a fire flower!!
I laid them all down on the wreath and decided it needed to be a little different… a little more summery! :)
*Whenever I’m doing a project I like to take a picture and see how it looks on camera before gluing every thing down. Does any one do this?? Or am I just crazy! haha
So I made a few ruffled flowers to go underneath the rolled flowers. This was all using scrap fabric… a great way to use it up! I also added some tulle in between the layers as well. Tulle just makes everything cuter!
After I knew I had everything where I wanted it, I began hot-gluing it down. Don’t you just love those things? You can tell mine has been used A LOT!
Then I made a “sash” for it to hang by…you could just use a fat ribbon for this part…but I didn’t have a white ribbon as big as I wanted…so I decided to make it. I used that fabric on these curtains. Same technique!
After I made my sash I sewed it on top to give it extra strength and hung it over my mirror.
Just what my mirror needed!!
So what do you think?! Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment