Wednesday 8 February 2012

Valentine's Day Heart Shaped Rag Wreath


  IMG_1548

Brought a couple of packs home, and decided that I would use mine to create a simple rag wreath. Using pliers, I bent a wire hanger into a heart shape, and cut off the hook. I cut the rags in 1 inch strips, then in half lengthwise. It took only 2 packs of 4 towels each to cover the form completely, and I was done in less than one hour. I really packed the strips in there tightly, also.
  IMG_1541

Gotta love those $2 projects! The frayed edges give it a homespun and vintage appeal, which I adore. I tied on two pieces of gingham ribbon, and hung it in our entryway. I think I'll head back for a few more packs of towels, and whip out a couple more wreaths while we watch the game tonight. These would make a sweet gift for favorite friends for Valentine's Day, don't you think?
  IMG_1542
IMG_1545

No comments:

Post a Comment